Latest News: (updated April 3, 2023)
As a part of the City of Little Rock, we want to make sure our fellow citizens and Zoo family know of resources available in light of the storms that occurred on March 31, 2023. Please see below:
The City of Little Rock has set up a Family Assistance Center at 315 N. Shackleford Road (Immanuel Baptist Church City Center/Old Shackleford Kroger) that will be open 10 am to 7 pm daily. Affected residents will be able to access recovery resources such as water, food, and supplies. Residents may also request volunteer chainsaw crews through the center who will assist with tree removal and tarp placement.
FEMA representatives will be onsite for residents who need federal assistance. Case workers as well as trauma-informed mental health services will be provided through the center. The Little Rock School District will also have a representative at the Center for families in transition, and the City will offer Municipal ID services to residents who may need them.
Citizens who want to volunteer may sign up here: Tinyurl.com/LRVols
Those who wish to make a tax-deductible donation may do so here: Tinyurl.com/LRcares
More resources maybe found here: Relief | City of Little Rock
Masks are no longer required at the Little Rock Zoo.
Café Africa is open! We have hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, drinks, cold treats and hot deserts! You can dine-in or take your meal out to enjoy.
The Zoo is open from 9-4:00pm, with last admission at 3:30pm.
Memberships are available for purchase at the Zoo. We do encourage the purchase of Zoo memberships online before your visit, to allow time for processing. You may use your online receipt as proof of your membership purchase. Your permanent membership card will be available at the Zoo gates soon after your purchase.
The Zoo is now accepting and honoring coupons, free passes, discounts, and reciprocal Zoo memberships.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets to the Zoo are paid at the gate.
We’ve enhanced sanitation and reduced touch points to keep you safe and provide a great guest experience.
Helpful information when visiting the Zoo:
- Additional hand sanitizing stations have been set-up throughout the Zoo.
- Café Africa, the train, Safari Trader Shop and the Over-the-Jumps Historic Carousel are now open.
- While outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the Zoo, outside food and drinks may enjoyed in the picnic area outside the Zoo’s Entry Plaza.
- An online map will be available on phones by scanning a QR code at entry. Paper maps are still available.
- All restrooms will be open, and will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Wheelchairs are strollers and are available for rent and will be disinfected before and after each use.
- Guests under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Other important Information:
- Tickets for non-members/general public must be purchased at the Zoo gate.
- The Zoo is accepting reciprocal membership agreements for free or reduced-price admissions.
- Free coupons and passes are now accepted.
- Reservations for catering are available on a limited basis.
- Group sales and reservations are now re-opened.
The Wildest Value in Town!
Memberships support the Zoo's efforts to promote conservation and education. It is the perfect way to benefit humans and animals, alike!
1 Zoo Drive
Little Rock, AR 72205
Hours of Operation
9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Last admission 4 p.m.
Zoo grounds close at 4:30 pm
Sign up to stay up-to-date on the latest zoo news, upcoming events and deals.